Monday, December 04, 2006

Leaked and Wet and Spoilt

Went for my one day dive at pulau hantu yesterday...

i must say it's a great feeling to be diving again...
going underwater and visiting the creatures of the sea.

marine life off p. hantu seems quite not bad,
considering how no one really sees singapore waters as dive-able.

saw a sea-snake, lots of crabs and a few other fishes as well...
i dun really know my fishes so cant identify them...
but i think i saw a goby and dory, whatever fish she is.

wish i had a underwater case for my camera, den can take fotos...
but dat'll have to wait prob until somewhere nearer to my next dive.
hope to do my advanced diver b4 heading to koh samui next july.

on another note, disaster struck while on the trip.
my shampoo container popped open in my shoebag which i put all my toiletries in.
and so i poured water in to rinse out the shampoo...
forgetting dat i had put my wallet, coin pouch, camera and hp in the side pocket.

upon realising dat fact, i quickly took everything out...
but it was too late... fone had gone blank and the camera wun start.
wallet was wet, everything in it was wet.

so the wallet looked quite in a bad shape w the water treatment...
so it was a perfect excuse for me to get a new wallet since it was kinda coming apart already.

brought my almost 1 year old N70 to the nokia-care center to get it fixed today.
bloody idiotic guy who served me, upon seeing my lcd screen kinda water filled,
said dat corrosion had set in.
in my mind, i was like, "who u trying to kid?! corrosion where got so fast one day eat up ur hp."
but i said," but it only happened like yesterday."

so he went to open up the fone and took out the main board for me to see.
and he was pointing at the ic chips and saying,"see, the white color..."
and they looked like it's the normal color for the chips...
until he pointed to some other part which looked like salt crystals.
and some part looked like it's still kinda soaked and not very working.

i wouldn't have mind he had offered to open up first and give me his diagnostics.
but i totally was so pissed w his "oh, corrosion has set in already." tone.
it's as if i was some ignorant, duno my chemistry consumer.
i know dat corrosion is a chemical reaction between the metal, water and oxygen ok.
and since it's a chem reaction, it doesn't juz pop up like dat in one nite...
i hope i'm kinda right on this one...

long story short, hp is condemned beyond repair.
and i am condemned to using my reservist fone - nokia 8210.
sigh...
but a little bird told me dat if i can tahan, i juz might be able to get a new n70 at abt contract price but w/o the contract...
so i guess i'll tahan lor...
unless someone has a decent enough fone to lend me to last these 2 months.

and of coz i went to get a new wallet and coin pouch from taka today...
coz i had $30 taka voucher.

had the hainanese chicken rice at far east. havent had dat in like the longest time.
watched 'flags of our fathers' after dat.
good show i feel... but the squirmish, be warned, there are a few gruesome scenes.
but it's a good show... i enjoyed it...
go catch it if u can...

next movie: open season b4 going to hainan next monday.

countdown to hainan: 7 days.

2 comments:

stefette said...

oh no u poor soul... i noe who d little bird is!! :p

eh mr p. how come u gng koh samui in july? bo jio loh... i also wanna go divin agn.... *pout*

Anonymous said...

no la..
koh samui is my fren jio me one.
dat's y ma...