Monday, March 16, 2009

A Weekend of Ups And Downs

Wad a weekend it was!

let's start w fri.
e company had a football kickabout at east coast after work.
was good fun playing w the colleagues and getting to know ppl's names and all.
and of coz bonding w the ppl i already know.

but unfortunately, b4 heading down to east coast i had to make a detour to sim lim tower.
and on the way there, kinda got into a little accident, costing me $250.
while going down towards sji after exiting PIE at stevens road, i was slowing down coz it was a red light.
but somehow, i duno how, i fell asleep, awoken by a slight 'thud'. and i knew i had kissed the guy in front.
my foot was on the brake and i was slowing down, juz dat i hadn't stopped.
so drove to the road leading to sji and checked our bumpers.
his bumper looked alrite from the outside but can feel dat it was soft.
i only have a little faint line across my number plate.
dat's how light the impact was but it did enough damage to cost me abt $250 to juz compensate the guy.

putting dat aside, went on to play football.

after dat, went home, showered and left the house again for dbl-o for the marsch birthday bash,
which is basically a bday bash for a few march bday babies.
lotsa fun, lotsa drama, lots a of money spent.

and dat concludes the fri dat 'killed' my legs.

a lazy sat afternoon beckoned with my waking up at 1.30pm.
went for my strip appt at 5.30 and went to meet ewen, mark n fel for dinner at the zi char at my place. sub-$10 dinner. so everyone's happy.
after dat, we adjorned to my room for the big game.

good show by liverpool, winning 4-1.
tho 3 of the goals were a direct result of poor defending, i felt the man u's fans' pain to see their team lose 4-1.
so ya, league double over man u! WOOHOO!
but unfortunately, the win is merely a small dent in the red devils' march for the premiership crown.

peter, came over as well and bumped up my word challenge score to a seemingly insane 20+ thousand points.
seemingly insane to me at least.
ben n jacq came over at the end of the match and we juz chilled till ard 12plus.
and so ends a simple sat w the usual gang.

sunday was mass, and going to bt ho swee to see the sinseh to hopefully get my ankle in shape by fri.
and like sat, it was a simple, lazy sun, esp w the heavy rain which made looking out of the window impossible.
but once it subsided, we were off to 5 star chicken rice at bt timah for dinner w eug n dad.

went home for a while and was off to byron's place for a few hours of poker.
din do too well, lost $30, making my current win/loss figure at -$31.
i think i'm better off playing mj. hehehe...
but i haven't played poker in a long while and i prolly need more games to get in shape.

was on mc today as well, to get meds from the western doc to reduce the swelling due to my skin's allergy to the sinseh's medicinal patch.
i totally forgot i was allergic to it.
so went to hdb to renew my season parking and got my 20,000km servicing done up as well.

tom's a new day and i really hope i wun b going to pasir gudang for a job coz i really dun wish for it to drag out
and make me miss my weekend dive.
haven't finished reading the chapters i need to read up. completed abt half of wad i need to cover.
so will do it in the office tom.

this week seems a little quiet coz my only appt in the evening is on wed.
but guess sometimes we need our little quiet time to stay home n save money.
hehehe...

gona hopefully get my new speakers n amps installed by this week.
and probably gona get my scratched left fender, resurfaced and repainted.
looks like both jobs are gona burn a $800 hole in my pocket.
but it's money dat needs to b spent.
so let's juz spend it.
hahaha... alritey folks, dat's all for now.
see ya ard soon ya?
till den, take care!

No comments: