Monday, August 24, 2009

The Maltese Adventures - Day 5

Wednesday 19 aug 2009
Alarm sounded at 7.20. Snoozed thru 10mins.
Woke up still coz I wana dive!
Going to faroud, a oil tanker wreck.

Faroud was a damn cool dive.
Swam across open water for abit, den slowly e shape of e stern comes into view.
Swam thru e port side corridor of e middle deck den was out in front, facing e main deck.
Swam up to e monkey island. Took some fotos.
Quickly rejoined e group n swam on, passing e stack along e way.

Next dive was at lapsi. It's basically a small seawater pool day's sheltered.
But there's an uw cavern underneath day leads out to e sea.
Swam thru e cavern in a straight line w the dive guide in front and me at the back.
Entrance was a little small but big enough to dive thru. No squeezing required coz the cavern opens up really wide.
Swam along e reef back to e 'lake'. saw a couple of hermit crabs and another octopus.
It was quote interesting g to be diving at abt 10m below ppl's feet. Watching them swim, tread water, or snorkel.
2 kids who were snorkelling saw me n waved. So I waved back. Turned out one of kids, who's 15, dived w me yest.

Back to e dive shop after e dive to make payment n to wash up my gear.
Forgot to take a foto of e 'pool' in lapsi. Also forgot to get a foto of the bay we dived at to get to faroud.
Hope I can find fotos online to show u.

No comments: