Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Chinatown Heritage Centre

Went to the chinatown heritage centre with the sec 3 kids today as part of their cultural excursion thingy.
the place is not bad... giving background information abt how chinatown came abt and the ppl who left their homelands to come to singapore.
the centre also depicted the kind of lives the migrants led. all the exhibition displays are all pretty well done.

but towards the end of the tour, when i saw one of those old fashioned sewing machines, a sense of nostalgia came over me.
it reminded of the one my grandma used to have when i was much younger and living in clementi.
makes me miss the times when she was alive and how, when i was in pri 1 or 2, she would buy food for me during recess and waited fro me to come down from class. or how she would walk with me to the coffeeshop downstairs to have breakfast b4 i left for eca on sat mornings in sec sch.

how i miss those times when life was carefree and simple. no worries abt bills, income & gfs. everything was so simple. if u dun like someone, u juz dun friend the person. there was no need for hypocrisy, putting on a smile for the ppl u dun like.

called tmg juz now to tell her dat we shdn't see each other. she asked why and i said dat it's not helping me in my wanting to move on and get over things. it's like even tho we only see each every now and den, i'm still reminded of her in my daily contact w other ppl.
guess if she doesn't see us getting back together anytime in the near future, i shd juz let things go and get a move on. not dat i have not and have been holding onto things. but i guess keeping my distance from her will help in not kindling the kind of feelings dat'll juz not help in getting over her.

how i miss her embrace, the smell of her hair, the touch of her skin. how i wish things hadn't turned out the way it is. but i guess it's only for the better dat we're apart now. was thinking abit while going to buy dinner. i juz dun think i can, or anyone for the matter, be giving in all the time and taking the blame for every quarrel we get into. it's quite sad when i wana get out and do stuff but dun have the luxury of the finances to do it.
mahjong seems to be the best option. i kill abt 4-6hrs and i prolly only spend abt $10-20 at most. if i'm lucky, i get paid to spend those hours. :)

i wana thank all my friends for giving me thier support thru this difficult time of my life. i hope i am not intruding too much with my excess free time. wana thank michelle and leslie, jarrod, lil miss snooze and michelle n for your support and encouragement. think i wana thank jarrod esp.
coz he's my gay partner. :) plus he's the only single one. all of my other close frens are attached. and i wish u all the best, esp miss snooze with her loft and her wedding in nov.

1 comment:

Little Miss Snooze said...

thanks for well wishes. U my "oldest friend" leh and i'm just doing what i can.
and yah..your grandma..I think she would have been v proud of you....:)
I rem her too....