Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The day when I FINALLY collected my IC...

Hello hello...

As you can see, today is THE day...

And I am now the proud owner of my pink IC.

Will put up pics of my 11B's 'long lost' brother when I get my camera back from my bro.
It was a wise decision to have not waited yesterday, because according to my friend whom I was meeting today, there was a massive jam of people who were collecting their ICs.

Back to today...

Met friend at 9am, then we went to get our ICs.
We were the only people around at that time collecting our ICs so no jam... Yay !!
Things went pretty smooth until we were told we had to show Head Admin Section our interview booklet.
So went to ask the clerk there to get our booklets. He told another guy to do it, while telling us to wait.

After about a minute, we figured we better go check on them... and true enough, stupid NSF hasn't even started looking for it yet. What an idiot!! See la, typical military clerks, no one bugs you for it, you take your own sweet time. By the way, these are the people who are giving admin support to those who are defending our nation. Hmmmm.... but that can be left for another day.

So yeah... so got our booklets, got our release forms signed and proceeded to another lady to return our whatever privilege cards before we can get our ICs.

My friend forgot to bring his wife's CSC card, which is some card that issued to a civil servant's immediate family so that they can also enjoy subsidised medical care at our polyclinics and hospitals.
So my friend just said that he lost it and paid $12 for it, instead of having to go getting from his wife and coming back another day to collect his IC. $12 for his pink IC, not too bad in my opinion. I would have done the same.

Anyway... here comes the irritating bit. After he made his payment, he was told he had to wait for 1/2 for the receipt to be printed. Another classic example of the efficiency of the military... seems like I'm really slamming the military rite? Maybe it's the 7 years of suppressed dissatisfaction... Hahaha...

So both of our went back to the canteen to have our REAL last meal at the cateen while waiting for the receipt. So yesterday's last meal does not count. After our breakfast, we went back to the office, and guess what?

The dumbo officer who was printing the receipt was no longer in the office. Lights were switched and no one seemed to know where she went. Who needs soldiers when we have the best ninjas around in our camps all over the country? *Poof* and they disappear. The epitome of 'gengsterism'. It's gengsterism, not to be confused with gangsterism.

So we told the lady who was still holding onto my friend's IC and told her that the officer had disappear and if she could collect from her when she returns. Being the nice lady, she agreed, though we could see from her expression that she would rather jump off the building than ask the officer for the receipt.

So, thank you.

So ends my life with the military...
Gona start a new one with MOE...

What's with my association with the govt sector?!
Seriously, I have no idea. Registered with MOE as a relief teacher yeaterday and they have granted me provisional approval to relief teach.

So will be waiting for the schools I emailed today to reply to my enquiries.
I hope I get a school which can let me teach like everyday. Like a full-time part-timer.
Otherwise I've got to learn to survive on water and air.

Pray for me ok?

2 comments:

Little Miss Snooze said...

*yay* to I/C and to relief teaching.
Pls knock some sense into the kids.

splatpotato said...

i will if i can...

hope i wun have any parents coming to me and complaining dat my knocking their kids is gona make them stupid...

haha...